ITIF submission form is closed for 2014.
The Provost’s Instructional Technology Innovation Fund (ITIF) is a seed fund designed to catalyze initiatives that immediately and directly impact University of Toronto education and teaching programs through innovation and development. It is funded by the Provost, and administered by Academic and Collaborative Technologies, a partnership between the Centre for Teaching Support & Innovation and Information Technology Services. The ITIF is focused specifically on the practical applications of technology in design, implementation, evaluation, curriculum renewal, faculty development, or continuing education initiatives that enrich learning. The ITIF is intended to support strategic directions in education broadly, across all disciplines. The proposed deliverable and outcomes must be closely aligned with the ongoing goals and objectives of the departments and programs from which they emerge.
This year’s ITIF theme is Large Classes.
The theme addresses one aspect of Uof T’s “Big-and-Small” strategy, focusing on innovative projects that use technology to support outstanding educational experiences for the largest number of students. E.g., projects could use technology to:
- ● increase student-instructor or student-student interactions;
- ● promote an outstanding classroom experience;
- ● create or present course content in ways that support an outstanding learning experience;
- ● facilitate the coordination of the teaching team.
As in previous years, proposals need not be specifically tied to the theme; however, projects that do so will be adjudicated accordingly.
NEW THIS YEAR: Two Funding Streams
- Traditional Stream (same as previous years): awards of up to $15,000, matching funds required.
- Small Scale Seed Funding Stream (NEW): awards of up to $2,000, no matching funds required.
The evaluation criteria remain the same for both streams.